Typically laid between 2mm to 4mm thickness, self smoothing resins provide a hard wearing, durable surface, easily cleaned and maintained.
Epoxy self smoothing resins
Commonly used in industry, epoxy self smoothing resins provide a higher specification finish compared to epoxy coatings, usually installed at a nominal 2-3mm. They are self sealing and have a gloss finish. Ideal for dry process areas where the floor is subject to medium to heavy duty foot, pallet and folk lift truck traffic.
- Hygienic and easy to clean
- Hard wearing and good abrasion resistance
- Anti-static versions are available
- Skydrol resistant varient used in the Aviation Industry
- FeRFA type 5
Polyurethane self smoothen resins
These are generally more flexible than epoxy self smoothing resins, and are more commonly used in commercial and retail environments. In fact their popularity has been steadily growing in recent years.
They are generally finished with 1 or 2 coats of a pigmented matt sealer, providing a uniform, seamless finish. The sealers have excellent resistance to UV, unlike the standard epoxy systems which generally are less resistant to UV and may change colour over time.
Polyurethane self smoothing resins are also softer and more comfortable underfoot and can be installed over a range of substrates, including concrete, screed, marine plywood and T&G moisture resistant chipboard. For even further comfort and improved acoustics (especially between floors) consider the Smoothfloor - Comfort range which incorporate a 4mm rubber matting underlay.
- Flexible and more comfortable underfoot
- Matt finishes tend to show less marking micro abrasions
- Colour of the floor can easily be changed by applying different coloured sealers
- Provides and contemporary finish
- Options for two of more different colours to be laid on the same floor giving a striking and totally bespoke finish
- Heavy duty 'commercial' grades available, ideal for Education and Healthcare sectors, where traditionally vinyl flooring has been previously used
- FeRFA type 5